Thursday, January 3, 2008

dear construction workers, landscapers, pool boys, and many others

Gentlemen,
I seriously don't understand the appeal of whistling/honking/cat calling at a woman walking down the street MINDING HER OWN BUSINESS. Do you honestly think said woman is going to turn around and run into your arms? Do you think that you are exactly what she's been looking for her whole life? Let me just clear something up for you... the majority of women don't like being beeped at. They also don't like being propositioned with any of the following phrases: "ay yo", "hey baby", or anything in a language that she doesn't speak. This is particularly upsetting if a woman is in her PJ's at 7-11. Equally upsetting is when she is walking to the train at 7:30 am. If you see me walking down the street with my Ipod on, sunglasses on, hood up, and head down that probably means that I don't feel like striking up a conversation at that point in time. That's all. Thank you for your time.

3 comments:

newyorkcitybartender said...

Funny stuff Lisa you make a lot of sense, enjoy

Unknown said...

All so true and yet all so sad for us men. We are helpless idiots. I personally don't do that sort of stuff. But I admit there is nothing better than a fine woman passing by to put a smile on my face. Oh got to go. "Step up" is on now. :o)
Craig out

laurap said...

I personally like when I hear the catcalls - lets me know I stillllll got it.