Monday, April 19, 2010

Jerseylicious

I know, I know. It's been a while. But leave it to a show about Jersey to give me the nudge I need to make fun of someone. What is with these shows about New Jersey? I don't get it. The whole state can't be that bad, can it? Unfortunately I'm easily hooked on TV shows where the stars are complete morons. This show confuses me slightly because not ALL of the cast are idiots, just most of them. This show is about the Gatsby Salon, where salon owner, Gayle, hires a bunch of big-haired freaks to be her stylists. I would never let any of those people touch my hair. But I have a sneaking suspicion this is where Bon Jovi gets his hair done. (Oh come on! I can make fun of Bon Jovi, right? The guy may be a musical legend, but his hair is brutal.)
Gayle's daughter, Christy, was the one who gave her mother the amazing suggestion of hiring these wack-jobs to work in the salon, so I'm sure her mother is really pleased. There's Gigi, who's semi-normal, but her boyfriend clearly needs to be in prison somewhere. She's not bringing much to the show. Anthony is your typical Jersey guy. He seems OK, but he needs to slow down with that accent. Then things start to get a little nutty... Cue Alexa who thinks that she's a fairy. She talks about people "getting their wings" and pixie dust and sugar and spice. If she wasn't on a TV show I'd liken her to a crazy cat lady. Fairies, cats, figurines... whatever you collect, it's all crazy.
My favorite characters are, of course, the most ridiculous ones. 2 grown women, Tracy and Olivia, that work together but are fighting over a guy who is not even attractive. Snookie (whoops! I mean Olivia) is the victim of torture at Tracy's bouffant-creating hands. Tracy has the guy now, so she feels compelled to torture Olivia about it every second of the work day. The other people that work at the salon are constantly subjected to their bickering and have had to physically separate them before they got in to a fistfight. The hilarious part about it though is that they're THE SAME PERSON. They like the same ridiculous men, have the same gaudy taste in everything, and have the same personality. Well, actually Tracy is a little more on the depraved/violent side than little Olivia, but that's where the differences end.
So to answer your question as to why I watch these shows: I have zero clue. I really like going to the zoo as well, so I figure it's not any different than watching wild animals try to kill each other.
Will I continue to watch the show? Until my brain is completely rotted.

No comments: