Thursday, April 22, 2010

Movies Are Terrible

I am a self-proclaimed TV/movie buff, but I have to say that the invention of the DVR has turned me into someone with a severe case of ADD brought on by boredom. I know when I am bored with a show or movie when I fast-forward through about 90% of it. I am at the point now where I can't even sit through opening credits anymore. This is a problem since almost every movie now has some moron talking over the credits, telling us what the movie is going to be about. You know what else tells me what the movie is going to be about? Watching the movie. Zip it.
Sadly, I have not seen a movie that did not cause my finger to hit >> in quite some time. The biggest cause of this is predictability (or George Clooney being any part of the film). Let's see, a preview showing two young attractive actors meeting by chance, but oh no he isn't right for her (she's a scholar and he is only a mechanic...or maybe even he drinks and has fun (whaaaat) and she like to do LARPing...just fill in the blank). Hmmmmmm do you think they're gonna fall in love?!? I want to write a movie where no one falls in love. "He has red hair and she would never date a redhead"...how does my movie end? With her marrying a brunette...cause let's be honest, who is gonna marry a guy with red hair?
Anyhoo, I just finished watching that amazing movie, Obsessed, with Beyonce. Let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised. Not by the movie of course, let's be real, but because usually the crazy person in the movie has super strength and attacks or kills everyone. Spoiler alert, Beyonce beats the ever loving shiznit out of the crazy chick. The crazy girl literally is like - Go away Beyonce! - and Beyonce says (and this is not a direct quote, but close enough) "I'll wipe the floor with your skinny ass." There was also a headbutt thrown in there. Another spoiler alert? Beyonce should stop acting. Forever.

2 comments:

laurap said...

I knpw! I was shocked they left that out as well. Must not have gone over well with focus groups.

Lisa said...

When are Beyonce and Jay-Z going to do a movie together? I'm sure it would be incredible acting